As a non-profit organization serving the Great Lakes literary community, we need your help to advance our mission:
- To volunteer your time, use our Contact Us page and select “volunteering” — you’ll see a list of options you can select. Please indicate in the “description” box the amount of time you have available, the kinds of things you’re good at and what relevant experience or education you offer. You are welcome, optionally, to attach a resume. A member of our board will contact you with further information.
- To donate to our mission, visit our shopping cart. Your donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- To join us as a member, pick one of our convenient membership options from the shopping cart.
From time to time, we offer special workshops for members or the general public. Those workshops will be announced through a blog post and referenced on the events calendar.
Visit our events calendar for a curated list of special events. Other opportunities currently open include:
- Ekphrastic Projects – Poetry Inspired by Art (Fountain Street Church)
- Open submissions to The 3288 Review, a semiannual journal of arts and letters open exclusively (as of volume 3) to West Michigan talent.
GLCL volunteers are happy to work with you on manuscript reviews. Our reviewers include:
- Kathleen McGookey (poetry)
- Lisa McNeilley (non-fiction)
- Phillip Sterling (fiction)
Reviews may be obtained through our online store.